Tuesday 2 October 2012

Getting Back Into The Swing Of Things

Okay, I'd like to kick this post off with an apology for the lack of posts lately. I've recently moved back to University and of course had to give time to the compulsory 'freshers' week; which generally involved a week of cheating on my diet and routine. However, despite my lapse - I'm now back in training and ready to give it everything that I've got. Due to the location of my training being altered, I've also altered the set up of the training that I'll be undertaking. I suppose I'll start explaining the things that haven't undergone drastic changes.

My eating is still very similar to how it used to be, however I'm taking a shot at using my judgement and perceptions rather than sticking to solid numbers. For example, I'll still be using two reduced calorie days in a week, however instead of having a 300 cal meal, I'll try to stick to smaller calorie objects such as fruit, and eat those throughout the day, therein spacing the calories out rather than having them all in one go. I eventually plan to drop the calorie intake and believe that the best way to ensure a smooth transition into less calories is to break them up into portions and slowly cut out those portions. When I'm not on a reduced calorie day, I'm still being very careful with what I eat, and taking into account what I need to eat for the activities that I'll undergo throughout the day. For example, if I'm planning on an intense cardio session in a day, then I'll ensure that I have enough carbohydrates to fuel me through the session. The same would apply to protein when undertaking a heavy lifting session. Whilst doing this, I'm also watching my calorie, fat and sugar intake to ensure that I keep them to a decent level. On the supplement side of things, I'm still taking Warrior Blaze capsules twice a day, and Cod Liver Oil tablets once a day. I plan on buying some BCAAs in pill form to help with my training and also have a tub of Syntha6 protein on the way, which I of course will review after a month or so of use.

The most radical change that I've made is my approach to my training. Over the summer period, I was focusing on full body workouts three times a week, with the cardio side of things being cycling to and from the gym (Around 7km each way). However since coming back to University, I've opted to take up boxing - and after having my first session on Monday, I can safely say that its the best cardio workout that I have ever taken part in. It also easily surpasses the amount and the intensity of the cardio that I was doing over the summer. With regard to my actual gym sessions, I've decided to split them up into isolation days, those isolations days consisting of: Chest, Arms and Shoulders; Back and Arms; and of course everyones favourite - Legs. I'll be incorporating a decent amount of core work into each of the sessions aswell. Oh and I've also decided to keep up my interest in hockey, so again there's more cardio work. I've planned my week to look a little like this -

Monday - Chest, Shoulders and arms, Boxing

Tuesday - Hockey Training (Low Calorie Day)

Wednesday - Back and Biceps, Boxing

Thursday - Legs (Low calorie day)

Friday - Boxing

Saturday and Sunday - Day off

So as you can see, I've got a pretty intense week planned. Obviously if its too much for me then I'll have to shuffle things around and re think what I'm doing. However I'm hoping that I can really push myself throughout the week and use the weekend to recover. After all, its all about testing your limits and striving to better yourself, getting fitter, faster and stronger. Compared to the training that I had over summer, this is a huge jump in intensity and new territory for me, but I guess that the only way to keep achieving the goals that you set is to up the intensity of your training and keep your body guessing.

So you're all now updated on my training and current state. I won't be weighing in for another week or two, just to get myself back on track and adjust to the new state of my training. I'll be keeping you all updated on my progress and I'll post the reviews that I have of any other supplements that I may purchase. I've taken a picture to document the start of my transformation and hopefully will have one to compare it to at the end of the transformation. Also, since I'm stepping into very unfamiliar territory with boxing, anyone with experience thats willing to share some insight would be greatly appreciated. I'll also be posting pictures of me repping the Flexdem gear that I know own thanks to Fitness Made EZ - if you haven't liked him on Facebook or Followed him on Twitter then please feel free to do right about now - @FitnessMadeEZ www.facebook.com/FitnessMadeEZ. Also, get back to me with all of your suggestions, comments, questions, and general feedback please. Help me keep this blog going by showing your support. You can find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/wrightyx or you can follow me on Twitter - @Wrighty__ or even leave a comment on here. So if anyone reading this wants me to keep writing posts, and maybe even has any input for future topics then I'd love to hear them so get in touch please! I'll try and get a follow up post up fairly soon depending on the responses that I get to this. So until next time,
Keep Testing The Limits
Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment