Monday 3 September 2012

Introduction

Hey everyone, I'm Alex; If you're looking for a blog thats no bullshit, honest advice and opinions on fitness regimes, nutrition, training supplements,weight training and ultimately weight loss then you're at the right place. Right now I've started in my mission to obtain a better body, to transform an overweight and lacking body into a temple. I'll be posting different stats from my training every week, including personal bests, weight loss, key exercises and nutritional information. This blog isn't just a progress blog, its me trying to help others and pass on the great advice that I get from all sorts of sources. I usually try and fit in three days per week for a full body workout, the nature of these workouts right now are to burn fat and preserve muscle. Other days in the week I try to fit in some form of cardio, mostly cycling usually due to it being such low impact, with the odd day of running.

Right now I'm relying on the workouts being created by a trainer from the gym that I go to as I've always found them to be both challenging and highly rewarding in their results. When the season is in progress I also play hockey, and am looking to start something like boxing in the near future - looking to keep high intensity sport on the cards. Each week I'll be sharing my workouts in this blog, including cardio with stats and rep information. I'll also be sharing my nutritional information and any supplements that I'm currently taking with some honest opinions on them and hopefully you all find them useful to an extent. Most of my inspiration and ideas come from Fitness Made EZ - whom you can find on Facebook and Twitter; and also the Hodge twins, who are also known as TwinMuscleWorkout, you can find them on Youtube and Facebook. 


With regard to my physique, I've never been blessed with a slim figure, though it has improved over the last two years with regular training. However now is the time that I'm vowing to push myself further and achieve the six pack abs that I've always dreamed of having. Hopefully there are many others in my current situation that empathise and are also interested in improving their physique and getting fit and healthy. I'd welcome any tips and knowledge that others have to offer aswell. After all, sound knowledge and information are the key to any successful regime. If you've got anything to share with me then please follow me and message me on twitter at @_Bazinga_Punk_  - all advice is welcome. Anyway, here are a few stats to give you an idea of what I'm working with at the moment, and what I'd like those stats to become. 

Height - 5ft 11'
Weight - 102.3 kg ( 16 stone)

Weight lifting stats - 
Bench press weight - 75-80kg depending on number of reps.
Squat (Barbell) - 120-130kg depending on number of reps
Deadlift - 70-80kg
Shoulder press - 35-45kg
Bicep Curls (EZ Curl bar) - 25-30kg

Cardio Stats -
Average Cycling speed - 20-25kph
Average running speed - 6-8mph

As you can see there's a lot of room for improvement, especially on the cardio front, so I'll be doing my best in the coming weeks to beat personal bests and push myself further. Supplements that I'm taking at the moment are Warrior Blaze, which I take daily, and Promax, which is less frequent but still at least one shake a week to replenish protein and glutamine reserves in my body. 
I'll be updating this blog as frequently as I possibly can, and I hope you find it useful. Thanks for reading!
Keep testing the limits.
Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment