Friday 7 September 2012

Heavy Workout

Well I promised another update today on the full body heavy lifting workout that I was going to take a swing at. At the same time I thought that I may as well share my own updates on the training that I've been doing. I like to do my weigh ins every Friday, and today I wasn't really expecting much; but I surprised myself. In the last week, I've managed to lose 1.4 Kilos (3 Pounds). I also managed to shave 33 seconds off my best time whilst cycling to the gym, so all in all a positive day for me with exercise. Has anyone else got any success stories to tell about their training? Tweet me if you have! Anyway, I trained with a friend today, who also has twitter - @JonesGx ; I traded him workout tips and this brand new workout for a few tips on the punch bag, and all I can say is what a fair trade it was. Definitely put me through my paces when it came to his end of the bargain. Right well enough of me rambling on, here's the workout. Just as a side note, there was a core set at the end of this workout, but I'll be sharing that in the coming weeks depending on interest as its slightly more advanced than the usual ab exercises.

Bench Press (Normal Grip) - 2 Sets, Rep to failure

Wide Grip Bench Press - 2 Sets, Rep to failure

Incline Bench Press - 2 Sets, Rep to failure

Barbell bent over row - 3 sets, rep to failure

Barbell clean and press - 2 sets, rep to failure

Stiff Legged Deadlifts - 3 sets, rep to failure

Barbell Squats - 3 sets, 10 reps

Lat Pulldowns - 3 sets, rep to failure

Push Ups (Hands on medicine balls, feet on Bosu ball) - 3 sets, 12 reps

Tricep Pulldowns - 3 sets, 15 reps

Bicep Curls (EZ Curl Bar) - 2 sets, 12 reps

So there you have it, an 11 exercise full body workout designed to build muscle. Like I said there's also a core set after it that I'm keeping under wraps for now. If I get enough requests for it then I'll happily post it, maybe with a couple of extra exercises. If anyone wants an opinion on today's workout, then I'm sure @JonesGx will be happy to oblige if you tweet him and ask. Also, he'll probably be happy to share his training technique (especially on the punch bag, that shit is insane) - the intensity is ridiculously high and takes a lot of endurance but it clearly pays off. If anyones been paying attention to my Twitter or Facebook, you'll also have noticed that there will be a post following this one shortly. In that post I'll be running through a workout specifically designed for women. Hope this keeps you going until then!
Keep testing the limits
Alex.



No comments:

Post a Comment