Thursday 6 September 2012

Killer Workout

Trying to keep this thing updated daily, hopefully if you readers can help me pull in some more viewers then I'll keep posting. So please, if you like what I'm writing and you're finding it useful - then comment on here or tweet me and let me know, it'd be much appreciated. I've decided yet again to share another workout with you all, one that I've already shared with a few friends who found it...challenging to say the least. Its definitely not a beginners one but I'll happily adapt a beginners version of it if people just let me know. Anyway, I tried a variant of this workout for a couple of months a while ago after being given it by a friend to take a swing at. Amazingly, all you need for this particular workout is a kettlebell (16kg is perfect) and two sets of dumbbells, one light (4-8kg) and one heavy (8-12kg). I found that after two months of doing this workout three times a week - I had become fitter, stronger, lost a lot of weight, toned my muscle up more and also I had become more flexible. You may have seen a variant of this workout elsewhere, but I've done my best to make it harder than the original and also thrown a core circuit in there for good measure. I'm also certain that anyone were to stick to this workout for 1-2 months, they would see a huge difference and so many positive results. As a side note, all of these exercises must be  executed for a minute each as a circuit, the aim being to push out as many reps as possible in the 60 seconds, no stopping! I recommend that the circuit is completed 3 times aswell.  So instead of rambling on about it, here it is -

Core Circuit -
Plank - Failure
Leg Raises to twists (Perform a leg raise, then whilst holding the exercise at the top, proceed to lift hips off floor, twist left, then into the centre, and finally twist right) - Failure
Swiss Ball Jackknifes (Press up position, placing feet on swiss ball. Keeping arms extended, retract legs, pulling the swiss ball forwards, return to original position) - Failure
Side Plank - Failure


Goblet Squats (Using Kettlebell)

Mountain Climbers (Beginning in press up position, then raising each leg into the body, simulating almost a running movement)

Kettlebell Swings

T Push Up ( Perform a push up with each hand holding a dumbbell, after the initial push up, explode upwards, raising one dumbbell in sweeping motion until your body is in a T shape, alternating sides after each push up - use the Lighter Dumbbells)

Jump Lunges (Holding Light Dumbbells)

Bent over T Raises (Assume a bent over position, knees slightly bent and pushing hips out whilst keeping your back straight, raise dumbbells outwards until your upper body is in a T position - use lighter dumbbells)

Side Lunges (Holding heavy dumbells)

Push Up Row (Assume push up position, perform push up, then proceed to row one dumbbell into your body, alternating sides after each push up - Use lighter dumbbells)

Kettlebell Deadlifts

Dumbbell bent over row ( Assume a bent over position, knees slightly bent and pushing hips out whilst keeping your back straight, row dumbbells up into your body - Use heavier dumbbells)

Lunge into twist (Hold one heavy dumbbell at chest height between both hands, perform a lunge, at full extension of the exercise, proceed to twist your body in the direction of your front leg, alternate sides with each lunge)

Front Squat into Shoulder press (Lighter Dumbbells)

So there's your twelve exercise circuit. I'd suggest treating the core circuit and the main circuit as completely separate, but still ensure to complete them 3 times each. No cheating either, It'd help if you took someone with you to stop you cheating when you hit the wall. If you manage to complete this circuit and the core circuit all 3 times, then you should seriously be immensely proud of yourself, if you find it easy, then be even more proud. Also, I'd recommend a 3-5 minute break between circuits depending on how 'pumped' you're feeling. Make sure you have a decent warm up and stretch thoroughly before you begin, and make sure you stretch properly when you're done as well - because if you don't, you'll find yourself in a fair amount of pain the next day. So anyone that reads this and decides to try the workout, good luck, and just remember to keep pushing through it, its not impossible. Also, any feedback on the workout would be greatly appreciated so as always you can either comment under this post, or follow and tweet me @_bazinga_punk_ - and lets spread the word about this blog. I'll be mentioning any feedback I have within the blog and on twitter too. So throw all of your questions and thoughts towards the blog my way in one of the two ways I've suggested. Thanks for reading!
Keep testing the limits.
Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment